Subject: Re: awacs driver
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@NetBSD.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/05/2007 18:10:53
> So, does anyone have any serious problems with awacs on any hardware,
> especially G4s? If nobody can reproduce problems here I'm going to remove the
> warning.

The problem only manifested itself on very heavily used systems (such as
my colocated 9600). I'm sure things are better with the much improved
interrupt code, but the only way to be sure is to enable it on such a
machine and let it run for a week.

On the other hand, many of the people colocating macppc machines already
know this, or at least know that sound in a datacenter is superfluous...

John