Subject: DAILY/netbsd-4 CD non bootable on Mini
To: NetBSD/macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/28/2007 00:01:19
Hello,

coming back to running NetBSD on my mini, I downloaded and burn the lastest netbsd-4-macppccd.iso.
when I tried to boot it according to the INSTALL.html information, I got the following message:
----------
0 > boot cd:,\ofwboot.xcf netbsd.macppc load-size=64b adler32=64b0001
unrecognized Client Program format

ok
0 >
----------
I got the same message if I used uppercase file names.

As I had Mac OS X installed, I copied the OFWBOOT.* and NETBSD* files to / and tried running:
boot hd:3,\OFWBOOT.XCF NETBSD_INSTALL.GZ
I ran the setup config, installing things from CD and everything went OK.
This probably proves that the files on the CD are correct...

I just wanted to know if the DAILY netbsd-4 CD image was supposed to be bootable at this stage of netbsd-4 development ?

TIA,
  Jo