Subject: Re: PowerMac 7300/200 boot problems (current)
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Sampson Stein <scs@b1tt3r.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/16/2007 21:39:09
--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

Hah! Speak of the devil.. I get home, and the machine was unplugged.. and it
was working before I shut it down and unplugged it, now I plugged it in and
get the grey screen with the question mark, and OF wants to output to a
serial port, which I do not have the stupid mini-din serial cable, or a Mac=
OS
disc... looks like I'm kinda dead in the water :( I guess the battery was no
good.
+++ John Klos [freebsd] [17/07/07 02:08 +0000]:
>>I'm mostly a PC user as well, so I dont have any 5v DIMMS, and I'm sure
>>they're quite expensive. this was just something to mess with.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/128MB-Apple-Powermac-168-pin-FPM-5V-Buffered-DIMM-4K_W=
0QQitemZ180134880033QQcmdZViewItem

>(just an example)
>
>These machines make excellent, reliable servers. Make sure the motherboard=
=20
>battery is pretty new, or replace it with a battery holder with two AA or=
=20
>AAA batteries. With that, the machine will last forever.
>
>John Klos

--=20
Sampson C. Stein
b1tt3r -- You know.. like sugar?

Life is a concentration camp.  You're stuck here and there's no way
out and you can only rage impotently against your persecutors.
		-- Woody Allen

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l--