Subject: Re: Apple UFS in production?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <vincent@labri.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/12/2007 10:24:58
Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> writes:

>> I'm curious whether anyone is using systems with their primary NetBSD
>> filesystems on Apple UFS? I tried setting up a system, but it seemed
>
> Works fine on my iBook G4 in -current.

Ditto. Has always worked fine on my iBook G3 since dbj@ added support
for it.

The only (non-NetBSD related) problem is that Microsoft Office for
OS X will refuse to work if your ~/Library (I think) folder is on a
UFS partition, so I have to use a HFS+ home partition with a forest of
symlinks to my otherwise shared UFS home partition.
(Not that I boot my G3 into OS X that often however, but it does work)

 Aymeric