Subject: Re: Al's Xserve G4
To: DataZap <az@datazap.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/21/2007 19:56:47
On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 03:45:51PM -0700, DataZap wrote:
> I do have some concerns about the error at boot up and I was wondering if
> it would be safe to put this server into production this way.

If you mean the "bogus intr", you're probably OK with that.  I suspect
that there's something funny with the interrupt handling, so we're
seeing two interrupts when we should be seeing one--the second gets
the bogus intr message.

I don't have the time to go digging for this, though.

If you look back at the 2.1 dmesg, you had one of those messages there.

> but I need to know how to apply this patch.

In general, apply patches by cd'ing to the appropriate directory
and running "patch < patchfile".

For this one, you can just make the code at line 559 of
src/sys/dev/pci/pdcide.c look like:
                if (crv == 0)
{
#if 0
                        printf("%s:%d: bogus intr\n",
                            sc->sc_wdcdev.sc_atac.atac_dev.dv_xname, i);
#endif
}
                else
                        rv = 1;

The counter was just to see if we hit it a lot or not.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com