Subject: Re: BOOT/BSDP failed: no FILENAME specifiedopen /netbsd
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: DataZap <az@datazap.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/15/2007 20:28:18
Hi,

Here is my dhcp config, I tried to put everything back to the way it was
when I netbooted 1.6 kernel on a G3 blue & white. Everything seemed to
work then. Not sure why this is not working now.

ddns-update-style none;
                # Do not use any dynamic DNS features
                #
allow bootp;    # Allow bootp requests, thus the dhcp server
                # will act as a bootp server.
                #
ddns-update-style none;
ddns-update-style none;
                # Do not use any dynamic DNS features
                #
allow bootp;    # Allow bootp requests, thus the dhcp server
                # will act as a bootp server.
                #
authoritative;  # master DHCP server for this subnet
                #
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
                # Which network interface to listen on.
                # The zeros indicate the range of addresses
                # that are allowed to connect.
}
group {
                # Set of parameters common to all clients
                # in this "group".
                #
        option broadcast-address        192.168.1.255;
        option domain-name              "test.net";
        option domain-name-servers      dns.test.net;
        option routers                  router.test.net;
        option subnet-mask              255.255.255.0;
                #
                # An individual client.
                #
        host client.test.net {
                hardware ethernet       00:0a:95:6d:c7:48;
                fixed-address           192.168.1.10;
                #
                # Name of the host (if the fixed address
                # doesn't resolve to a simple name).
                #
                option host-name        "client";

                #
                # Name of the bootloader or kernel
                # to download via tftp.
                #
                filename                "ofwboot.xcf";
                #
                # The path on the NFS server.
                #
                option root-path "/usr/client/root";
        }
 #you may paste another "host" entry here for additional
 #clients on this network
}

Thanks,
Al