Subject: Re: New mainland US Website
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/02/2007 00:18:22
> so ummmm ... is anyone else going to respond or should i?
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Accommodation United States wrote:
>> [spam body]

Depends on what you mean.  If you mean "follow the instructions at the
end", well, it's your mailbox; it's unlikely to do much, possibly
excepting get you more spam.  If you mean "read the headers and look up
the providers and registrars for accommodationinusa.com", it might do
some good, and I admire your dedication - I long ago gave up doing
anything more than refiling my netbsd.org spam.  If you mean "ask the
netbsd.org admins to put a stop to spam through their lists", it's
unlikely to do much; even though netbsd.org lists are a substantial
fraction of the spam that leaks through to my mailbox, they seem
unwilling to apply any of the various SMTP-time techniques I use that
are so effective that netbsd.org list leakage *is* a substantial
fraction of the spam leaking through to my mailbox.  (While I'm not
entirely convinced they're wrong to refuse, I'm also far from convinced
they're right.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign