Subject: difficulties booting kernel from ISO on a 15" Powerbook
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Mark Blackman <mark@exonetric.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/31/2007 16:19:08
Hi,

I've attempted to use the macppc ISO images for each of the following
releases.

* 2.1
* 3.0
* 3.1
* 4.0-BETA

and they all fail to load the NetBSD kernel from the CD,
failing with decrementer errors or invalid memory access. This
Powerbook is
a Powerbook3,5 1GHz G4 system.

The nearest thing to my difficulty that I've found on the mailing
lists is this post..

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2006/03/25/0001.html

I'm just asking the list if anyone has ever gotten a Powerbook G4 to
boot from an official NetBSD ISO without modifications. I don't
yet have a NetBSD installation anywhere that I can use to
try the patch above.

In any case, I'm grateful for any advice that can be offered.

Cheers,
Mark Blackman