Subject: PowerBook5,8 spontaneously powers down
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hilmar_B=F6hm?= <mls@hiro-consult.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/27/2007 19:14:45
Hello!

I`ve built a new kernel; from -current as of May 20th

Symptoms: The kernel is booted. But after a few seconds, the screen gets
dark.
The difference from earlier tries is, that the system isn't switched off
(powered off) anymore.

Maybe there is a chance, to get some light into this "darkness" :-)

The kernel was build from an unmodified GENERIC_MD config file.

I also tried to (cross-) build a whole macppc release. Source System is
a NetBSD 3.1/i368.

"./build.sh -U -u -m macppc build"   finished ok.

"./build.sh -U -u -m macppc release " stopped at:
-----
Failed target cpu.o
Failed commaned: .... "compile GENERIC.MP/cpu.o:....
*** Error code 1
Stop nbmake: stopped in /usr/obj/sys/arch/macppc/compile/GENERIC.MP
***Fail target: kern-GENERIC.MP

Best regards. / Hilmar.

HW: Powerbook5,8 (G4, 15", after 09/2005)