Subject: Re: Re: No sound on Mac mini
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/07/2007 00:40:54
--IrhDeMKUP4DT/M7F

On Sun, May 06 2007 - 18:21, Michael Lorenz wrote:
>=20
>  I dug up the relevant changes to radeonfb and snapper, they should show =
up=20
>  in the 4.0 branch pretty soon. Anything else that's broken ( or semi-bro=
ken=20
>  ) in 4.0 but works in -current?
>=20

OK, I'll wait till tomorrow then cvs, compile a kernel and test ; thanks.

I didn't notice much yet... I notice that I can't see my mouse pointer
when I start a local X (with 4.99.x kernel and 4.0_x userland). The
mouse seem to work (because I can right-click the desktop and get the
app menu - in WindowMaker) but I just don't see the pointer itself. I'll
check that better - maybe I just require "SWcursor" in XF86Config.

Using XDM/XDCMP (from Windows Xming to NetBSD/macppc) ran the whole day
(with WindowMaker, firefox2, mutt and compiling other things). Another
thing that I noticed was that when I issued "shutdown -r now" when xdm
was started, the mini never rebooted. I got a white screen (on the LCD),
lost my SSH session and the FAN started to blow a lot. I waited about
30sec then turned it off with the rear power button. According to
/var/log/messages, the mini froze juste after saying "syslogd: restart".
I think this was only with the 4.0_BETA2 kernel. I'll recheck that and
report if it's still there after the cvs update.

Regards,
	Jo

--IrhDeMKUP4DT/M7F

--IrhDeMKUP4DT/M7F--