Subject: DRM for radeon ?
To: NetBSD/macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/05/2007 23:57:42
--DocE+STaALJfprDB

Hi,

Having tested the new DRM drivers on /i386, I wanted to give it a try on
my PPC Mac Mini. So it is now installed in 4.0_BETA2 but the DVI output is
really weird... The bottom half is blue (something like #36C) and the top
half is divided in two, both parts have the same console output.
| NetBSD/macppc (ttyE0) | NetBSD/macppc (ttyE0) |
| login:                | login:                |
|                                               |
|                                               |

Apart from that the console is working OK (keyboard input and command
output)... But I guess this is not expected :-)
The 3.1 install gave me a "normal" console.
It only happened when I booted the 4.0_BETA2 kernel (from 200705030002Z).

The way I installed and upgraded NetBSD is written here:
http://www.tumfatig.net/docs/00_tut/notes/netbsd_on_mac_mini.txt

The dmesg is here:
http://www.tumfatig.net/dmesg/Mac%20Mini/NetBSD%204.0_BETA2/dmesg.txt

The console looks good until I see some RADEON related text (in light-green
over white). According to my LCD, the resolution is 1024x768@60Hz.

So first, how can I get a decent console ?
Then, is the DRM radeon driver
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-x11/2007/03/19/0000.html) known to work ?

TIA,
	Jo