Subject: Re: puc based 16550 on macppc?
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <joachim.thiemann@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/17/2007 17:46:09
On 17/04/07, Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2007, at 15:00, Joachim Thiemann wrote:
> > puc0 at pci1 dev 2 function 0: Lava Computers new serial (com, com)
> > puc0: couldn't map BAR at offset 0x10
> > puc0: couldn't map BAR at offset 0x14
>
> >    Base address register at 0x10
> >      type: i/o
> >      base: 0x0000fff8, not sized
> >    Base address register at 0x14
> >      type: i/o
> >      base: 0x0000fff8, not sized
>
> Those BARs overlap and contain bogus. Looks like they weren't
> configured by OF for some reason.
>
> > pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin C
> > puc0: couldn't map interrupt
>
> >    Interrupt line: 0x00
>
> and this is bogus too.

> The card looks unconfigured - does it show up in OF's device tree at
> all?

Hi Michael, thanks for your help.

First off, if I go to OF, then do dev /pci, then ls I get

ff85faf0   /pci-bridge@d
... bunch of stuff...
ff87ab28      /pci 1407,200@d

I guess OF at least sees the card, but doesn't do anthing about it.
Is there anything else I can get out of OF?

I notice Valeriy is using 4.99.9 - does current do anything different
during the bus initialisation?  I'd rather stay with a stable release
though, this is my home server...
(I tried a 4.0_BETA kernel, and got the same message)

Joe.