Subject: Re: for what ails your gem(4)
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Allen Wong <allen@submoron.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/12/2007 16:35:16
--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

Loic/David/Michael,

-> > I have the same problem with a netbsd-current (5 days ago) on an amd64
-> > hardware with a msk network card.
-> >=20
-> > If I try to send large files by scp or ftp it timeouts and I must do
-> > ifconfig down and up to make the network card work again.
-> >=20
-> > However I can receive big files without any problem.
-> >=20
-> > I'll be able to do more tests or submit a PR this week-end. (I hope)

You're right!  My NetBSD 4 machine can receive large files, it just can't
send them.

I just tested it on my NetBSD 3 box and it sent a 1.1GB file fine. =20

->=20
-> This is beginning to sound like a TCP problem rather than a driver
-> problem.  (I do still believe that gem(4) has outstanding problems.)
->=20
-> You are not using PF, are you?  Just a few days ago, a student and I
-> tripped over an undesirable interaction between PF and TCP.
->=20

Although PF is compiled into the kernel, I haven't had time to set it up.

Allen
--=20
When in doubt, mumble.
    Jim Boren founder of International Association of Professional Bureaucr=
ats
 4:20PM  up 21 days, 20:41, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw--