Subject: hfsutils help
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Vittorio <vdemart1@tin.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/20/2007 09:43:26
Following the clear instructions on disk-partitioning on my iMac G3
233MHz I generated the following partitions to have a NetBSD 3.1 only
OS:

vic# pdisk /dev/wd0c

Edit /dev/wd0c -
Command (? for help): p

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/wd0c'
 #:
type name     length   base    ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map
Apple        63 @ 1
 2:           Apple_HFS Zathras  204800 @
64      (100.0M)
 3:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 netbsd  7577600 @ 204864  (
3.6G) S0 RUFS k0  /
 4:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap     639376 @ 7782464
(312.2M) S1  SFS k0  (swap)

Device block size=512, Number of
Blocks=8421840 (4.0G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0

Now I would like to
copy the ofwboot.xcf file from the installation CD mounted as /cdrom in
the second HFS partition  (100.0M) via hfutils.
My first trials with
hmount and hcopy where a failure (whilst 'hformat /dev/wd0c' seems to
me to have been successfull.

Being a complete newbye also with the Mac
OS which I simply "inheredited" (saving it from disposal) I don't want
to spoil my freshly installed OS.

Could you please give me the exact
sequence, step by step, to copy /cdrom/ofwboot.xcf into that second
partition of wd0c, using hformat, hmount and whatever else is
necessary?

Ciao
Vittorio