Subject: Re: Boot, cpu, testing
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/20/2007 00:31:30
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:14:06 +0100, Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
wrote:

> Next when rebooting later I had a screen with (it seems) a wrong h/vsync,
> just after radeonfb is initialized. I couldn't really see much with all
> the flickering. Next reboot was OK though.
>
> I'm going to continue testing.

The problem at boot occured with a current kernel, I didn't have this with
the netbsd-4 (14 march) one (but that doesn't mean the problem wasn't there
I guess).

A few more details:

- I can switch to other screens, however there's only a blank screen there.
- I can start X, but can't switch to other screens while in X.
- When X closes, the display mode doesn't seem to be changed, and the
result
   is a garbled screen
- wsconsctl works for backlight, although I have the values reversed (0 is
   brighter, 255 is off) - btw the display is off starting with a value of
220
   (approximately, and not always the same value...)
   - the values were in the reverse order with the netbsd4 kernel (0 off)

Regards,

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend