Subject: XF86Config
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Vittorio <vdemart1@tin.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/19/2007 10:47:42
Coming from the i386 world with a long FreeBSD experience, I now
installed netbsd 3.1 (complete also of the X stuff) from the official
macppc iso on an old-seasoned but practically unused iMac G3 233 MHz.
This iMac looks standard with the exception of inboard memory which,
according to the boot log, amounts to a total of 160 MB (as it were
128+32MB).
Now, I'm trying with some difficulties to set X.
considering that the mac hardware is by far less than the i386 one with
its myriads of microprocessors and different implementations, is there
anyone out there so kind to send me the "exact" XF86Config for an iMac
G3 233 MHz?
(by the way, I put wscons=YES in rc.conf and "on" the
console in ttys).

Ciao
Vittorio