Subject: BIND problems after upgrade
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Radek Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa@altkom.pl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/09/2007 23:10:38
Hello list.
    Today I updated BIND on one of my servers. The reason for this
operation was NetBSD-SA2007-003. This machine is running NetBSD 3.0.2.
My source tree (netbsd-3-0) is updated every night. So I installed new
BIND using standard procedure:

cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/bind
make USETOOLS=no cleandir dependall
make USETOOLS=no install

    After this update it won't start anymore.

Mar  9 22:48:55 strim named[12279]:
/usr/src/dist/bind/lib/dns/rbt.c:1581: INSIST(child != (void *)0) failed
Mar  9 22:48:55 strim named[12279]: exiting (due to assertion failure)

    This is very unfortunate for me, since this machine is my primary
DNS server. Any ideas, how to solve this problem? Downgrading BIND is an
option... but I don't like the idea of running DNS server with publicly
known security problem.

Thanks in advance

--
Radosław Kujawa