Subject: Re: pthread_creat = bad system call in macppc port, netbsd-current (well... almost current)
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: leon zadorin <leonleon77@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/05/2007 14:06:14
On 3/5/07, Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com> wrote:
> leon zadorin wrote:
> > In short, I get "bad system call" (followed by a core dump) when using
> > pthreads (e.g. pthread_create eventually faulting at sa_register)... I
> > am not sure if this has something to do with my kernel config or
> > not... (naturally, NetBSD v3 does not exhibit the problem...)

> If you have a current kernel, you must have a current libpthread.so as well.
> if they are mismatched, you will have problems (like you are having).

mmm cool - so how would I go about getting the current libpthread?
Firstly, I have built the kernel (as well as userland tools) via
build.sh script (i.e. I upgraded NetBSD v3 to netbsd-current from cvs
inclusive of kernel, userland tools as well as pkgsrc)... so if
libpthread is a part of the whole system, then should it be already in
sync? Secondly, (in case if it was a part of pkgsrc) I had a look at
packages, ( in /usr/pkgsrc/devel) but there were only two pthread
entries (something like pthread-stublib which was indicated to be for
old NetBSD versions and pthread-sem which did not seem to be
relevant)...

Kind regards,
Leon.