Subject: Re: A few macppc newbie questions
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/26/2007 07:07:17
On 2/25/07, Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> wrote:
> Definitely maybe. Your IDE card needs firmware that OF can understand -
> there are plenty of such cards but they tend to be a lot more expensive
> than their plain old firmware-less PCish counterparts.

Heh, that's telling me straight!

I found a card that is claimed to be supported with a Mac, so that
might be what I do. It's not really cheap (it cost more than my entire
G3 shipped to my door), but it will do what I want it to.

The next question is how to mount all those drives, and if the power
supply will handle it...

I'm sort of starting to move drives into these NAS BYOD enclosures so
maybe I will keep doing that.

I still haven't figured out how to make the Mac boot NetBSD
automatically, but I haven't spent much time on it either. Netbooting
seems to be a relative snap...

Andy