Subject: terminal does not reverse, highlight text
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: leon zadorin <leonleon77@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/08/2007 09:27:29
Hi all,

after updating NetBSD to current (kernel as well as userland and
having run the etcupdate, etc.) I have a minor issue - my terminal
does not "highlight" the text (no "reverse" screen is possible).

For example:
- when using vim and selecting some text in visual mode, the selection
in not highlighted (i.e. it is not displayed in reverse,
white-on-black, color)
- when using less and searting for some text, all of the text
ouccurances are not highlighted...

I am resonably sure that the "highlighting" behaviour was there on the
original system (v 3).

My terminal type is set to VT100 (as per environment variables)...
and "emulate VT100" option is net in my kernel (which is the only set
options in the kernel, e.g. "emulate sun" is not set)...

Is this issue (of not highlighting the text) specific to new macppc
port or is there something that user-base install, postinstall did?

Kind regards,
Leon.