Subject: Re: Bummer - NetBSD 2.1 panic - si_refs - update
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/31/2007 19:04:35
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 04:44:40PM -0500, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> Yeah, I know what it's for - should probably be mentioned in spl(9)
> since that man page claims that IPL_HIGH blocks all hard and soft
> interrupts.

Probably.  Maybe in a "CURIOSITIES" or "IMPLEMENTATION NOTES" section.  :-)

> Hmm, pretty much all PowerMacs should support some sort of DMA at least
> with the onboard serial ports anyway, and I've seen some unused code to
> deal with that - any idea what's wrong with it?

I don't.  I suspect that serial ports have mostly been used for consoles
where you don't want DMA, and the uses for modem/ppp/etc. have not
overlapped with the development focus to get the DMA modes operational.
But that's a lot of guesswork.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com