Subject: Re: netbsd-current and ibook g4: kernel freeze
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: leon zadorin <leonleon77@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/30/2007 11:48:56
On 1/30/07, Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> wrote:

> Try to build a smaller GENERIC kernel. 5MB is not much smaller than
> GENERIC, the kernel I use on my iBook is 3.3MB. For instance, you can
> leave out all PCI host bridges besides uninorth ( no grackle or bandit
> anywhere ), the onboard ethernet controller should be a gem - you can
> get rid of all the others. The audio chip is a snapper or something
> very similar, no need to have other audio drivers in your kernel.

cool, thanks - will try that next... in the meantime, have you read
the following patches (one uses "noop" another "save and restore from
openbsd" land in sys/arch/powerpc/oea/ofw_subr.S file ?

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2006/02/10/0000.html

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2006/03/25/0001.html

I had a quick look at the current cvs tree of netbsd-current and they
were not there - so I guess someone looked at those and decided that
they were not needed...?

> have fun
> Michael

always do :-)