Subject: Re: netbsd-current and ibook g4: kernel freeze
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: leon zadorin <leonleon77@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/29/2007 16:20:08
On 1/28/07, Michael Lorenz <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > 4) reboot... and the booting process freezes right after
> > "start=0x100000"
>
> The GENERIC kernel might have gotten too fat again - please build a
> smaller kernel ( remove some drivers you know you're not going to
> need ) and tell me if that works.

one more thing (in addition to GENERIC builds) after not being able to
get GENERIC (albeit modified, with-less-drivers, lesser-in-size)
kernel to boot, I have also built the POWERMAC one (default config
file was used)... this time around there was an additional line
printed before the machine went back to the openfirmware prompt:

Deceremeter exception at  %SRR0: 00000000   %SRR1: 00080000

don't know whait it all means, but it may be of some help to othres...

In any case - surely it must be me who is doing something wrong... as
there must be others who are using macppc ports (-current builds) ?

Leon.