Subject: Re: radeonfb, VTs and trackpad
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/22/2007 21:17:56
>> Treating the little 'enter' at the lower right of the keyboard
>> which sends keycode 200 as Alt_R is a little surprising (it is
>> marked the same as the normal enter's "fn"/num-lock variant, ie
>> KP_Enter), it isn't a problem.
>

> Indeed. Looks like whoever wrote this map tried to make an Apple
> keyboard feel like a PC keyboard - I'll fix that.

Please reconsider how you remove Alt_R.

At least for german layout you are absolutly hosed w/o, you will have
no:  at, bar, tilde, no curly or square brackets, backslash.
Just to name the important ones.

What other key would you propose for level_3 shift in x-conf
otherwise?

The apple command -both right and left to the space- give the
same keycode on both sides IIRC which I found irritating to use
as level 3 shift.
(Sorry my iBook is currently not operative to confirm.)

So yes this makes the layout a little PC-ish but that's what
I am used to type blindly.
Thus, if I can still configure it that way without too many
entries in an xmodmap file, I will be okay.

Regards

Rudi