Subject: [OT] help with OpenFirmware
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/20/2007 18:49:21
Hello all,

I'm having a heck of a time trying to keep a PowerMac G5 (dual 1.8)
limping along here.  This question is in no way NetBSD-related, but it
seems like you folks know OpenFirmware better than the Mac community.

This box has a fried Firewire PHY.  This simple failure makes OS-X unable
to sleep and seems to interfere with getting a 3rd-party Firewire card
working correctly.

I would like to find a way in OpenFirmware to completely disable the
onboard Firewire.  Is that possible?

The "pci-probe-mask" environment value looks interesting, but I'm not
finding it documented anywhere.

Might anyone have some tips for me?  It seems like it should be a simple
task, but... you know how that can go sometimes.

Again, sorry for the OT.

Thanks,

Charles

___