Subject: Re: policy on console modelines
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Wala <mattwala@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/07/2007 21:23:15
Hi,

On 1/7/07, Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> wrote:

Here are some pictures, if you may excuse the poor photography.  They
may look normal at first, but notice that certain characters are
definitely distorted (eg, the central vertical line in 'w's and 'm's
can barely be seen).  A blur around certain letters is also
noticeable:
http://mattwala.googlepages.com/radeonfb1.jpg
http://mattwala.googlepages.com/radeonfb2.jpg
http://mattwala.googlepages.com/radeonfb3.jpg
For comparison, an OFB kernel's output looks like this:
http://mattwala.googlepages.com/ofb.jpg
You can tell that there is less distortion because, for instance, the
two 'p's in "Apple" look the same, which is not the case in radeonfb.