Subject: Re: 48 kHz does not work on snapper(4) on NetBSD 3.1
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2006 20:49:13
Hi again,

I listened to the file and I could hear the noise. But it's not only
the noise, the file is playing at more speed than 8 kHz (and with a
higher pitch than it should).

The best way to test it is to resample the file to a 'supported' rate.
I used the 'sndfile-resample' utility that comes with
audio/libsamplerate to resample the file to 32 kHz.
If you compare the 32 kHz version (which plays fine of course) and the
8 kHz you'll notice the bad pitch of the 8 kHz playing.

Since the 8 kHz appears to be not supported and in fact it's not
listed on the TAS3004 datasheet, I propose to disable it and make
'aurateconv' take care of converting it to something supported
(converting to 32 kHz is probably the best conversion possible in
terms of quality, since it's a multiple).

--

     -Marco