Subject: Re: 48 kHz does not work on snapper(4) on NetBSD 3.1
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2006 19:53:40
Hi,

On 12/15/06, Magnus Henoch <mange@freemail.hu> wrote:
> "Marco Trillo" <marcotrillo@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have sent the PR port-macppc/35204 with the (hopefully) final
> > version of the patch, for NetBSD-current.
> >
> > It works fine for me at 44.1kHz and 48kHz, and also I have added 32
> > kHz which works fine too (it's listed on the TAS3004 manual as
> > supported rate). 22.05kHz might work too since it's 44.1/2, but it's
> > not listed on the manual so I have not added it...
>
> Thanks!
>
> However, there is still a problem.  If I play
> http://www.gnu.org/music/free-software-song.au (which is in 8kHz) with
> audioplay, there is static during play, and the static remains until I
> play something with higher sample rate.

Hmm... in fact, 8 kHz does not appear listed on the TAS3004 datasheet
as a supported rate.

Do 48 kHz and 32 kHz work for you? In that case, it's sure a problem
of the 8 kHz setup. We may need to use 'aurateconv' to simulate 8 kHz
support.

BTW, now I don't get anymore the 'Invalid argument' error when opening
/dev/soundN. In fact, it works fine now just like /dev/audioN.

--

     -Marco