Subject: Re: Radeonfb on recent PowerBooks
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Johan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Wall=E9n?= <johan.wallen+lists@tkk.fi>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/2006 21:41:42
Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> writes:

> Ouch, this sounds like radeon somehow managed to mess up the video mode
> ( as in output doesn't match your display ). I've never seen this on my
> iBook but I'm not sure I booted it more than 50 times with radeonfb.

Just to make things clear: this *only* happens when the console is
messed up *before* X starts.  And it has happened to me maybe 2-4
times.  (Once in 50 times was a wild guess.  The correct value (on my
PowerBook) should probably be once in something between 10 and 200.)

By the way, when I run `shutdown' under X, I sometimes (actually most
of the time) see stuff from programs that have already exited a lot
earlier occupying about 1/4 of the screen (this occurs sometime
between the termination of the window manager and the halt).  It does
not matter to me, but as a bystander it seem like something is not
cleared somewhere.

-- Johan