Subject: Re: Help with Beige G3 running OF2.0f1
To: Jason Berenson <jason@pins.net>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/08/2006 01:30:36
Jason Berenson wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I got the system disk and clicked save to update it, that's what it said
> to do in the FAQ on the website anyway.  I'm not sure that did anything
> at all.  I found the nvramrc patch for a beige g3 233 but I have a 333,
> is the patch different?  I think it was you that posted it in fact.
>
> I'm booting from an external SCSI disk with the kernel and install files
> on it.  For some reason when I specify the disk to boot from and type
> boot at the OF prompt it says no HFS partition and won't boot.
> Thanks,
> Jason

How did you put the install files on the hard disk and expect to boot
them? OFW 2.x won't read HFS at all. Do you have something against CD
burning or floppies?

What's your boot command? You have to enter it in a sequence.

load the nvram patches
setenv boot-device scsi/sd@0:0
reset-all
boot scsi/sd@0:0