Subject: Re: 48 kHz does not work on snapper(4) on NetBSD 3.1
To: None <mange@freemail.hu>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/07/2006 13:09:36
Hi,
On 12/7/06, Magnus Henoch <mange@freemail.hu> wrote:
> > Can you reproduce this ?
>
> Yes, I get the same result with my iBook G4 (with snapper from
> -current).  When running audioplay without -d /dev/audio0 (thus
> defaulting to /dev/sound0) I get "invalid argument", as described in
> this post:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.ports.macppc/8060
> These two problems seem related...

I also get that error when trying to use /dev/sound, which is odd,
since /dev/audio works perfectly (only with 44100 of course).

% audioctl -w play.rate=44100
play.rate: -> 44100
% audioplay
audioplay: failed to open /dev/sound0: Invalid argument

AFAIK, the only difference between /dev/sound and /dev/audio is that
/dev/audio initializes at 8000 Hz/u-law when it's open, but /dev/sound
retains the current settings. So this is really odd :-S .

--

     -Marco