Subject: Install on a xserve
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: DataZap <az@datazap.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/02/2006 16:46:34
Hi All,

I hope that someone can help me. I have an xserve G4 1.33. I wanted to put
larger hard drives in it and from what I read Apple used a very specific
hard drive in them. The drives that I want to put in them are Maxtor 250
gig drives.  From what I was told this will be ok if I do a fresh install
and all the drives are same. Of course, I am going to be installing NetBSD
on it, so it sounds like everything will be ok. Does anyone have any
experience installing NetBSD on an xserve with this configuration? I would
like to find out if it will work and if I will run into any issues.

Thanks,
Al