Subject: mac mini sound driver
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Wala <mattwala@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/23/2006 22:07:31
I have an earlier model of the Mac Mini running 3.1 which I work with
KDE on.  I have only been succesfully able to get sound working with
the awacs driver.  How can I get KDE's sound system to work properly?
I tried configuring KDE's sound control panel, but testing the audio
only results in the most terrible noise I've ever heard.  Individual
applications like mpg321 work fine though.
And should I heed this dire warning found in the kernel config file:
# awacs is disabled because on most systems (7300 - 9600 PowerMacs,
# many kinds of G4s), very heavy load can cause the machine to lock
# up. ONLY enable this if your machine is never under heavy load, or
# you'd rather have audio than worry about occasional lockups.