Subject: Re: Testers needed with Beige G3
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Risto Suominen <Risto.Suominen@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/16/2006 12:53:58
Hello Michael,

I tried to boot your kernel from a CD on my old Beige G3 (OF 2.0f1):

It writes one page green-on-white, then starts a new page: 'wsdisplay0 at
machfb0...' (I guess this is as expected)

Then a few lines, and a last line, ending with: '...scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds
for devices to settle...'

The mesh driver seems to be hanging. None of the internal (ide-)drives needs it,
and there is nothing on the external scsi-connector. I managed to get over this
hang, on a 3.0 kernel, by disabling mesh. But then it said: 'disabling stuck
interrupt 14', and trying to read the CD just resulted in 'lost interrupt'
errors. You said you made some changes to the ide-DMA handling, but my problem
is not just DMA related, as I have forced the CD into PIO mode (flags 0x0ff0).
Still, I would be interested to continue testing, if you could build a kernel
without mesh.

Risto Suominen