Subject: Re: Power Macintosh 9500 / 132
To: Marcos Onisto <mlonisto@gmail.com>
From: Justin Davis <jrcd83@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/15/2006 08:43:21
I tried the boot command with the second argument (NETBSD.MACPPC or
whatever) messed up on purpose and it gave me the "no active package"
error.  Make sure that the names match up for the NETBSD... file.
Remember, that file is the kernel (NETBSD-Install.gz) file that you
renamed/moved to the root of the CD.  The names have to match exactly.
 Joliet should be no problem.  Joliet/Rock Ridge CDs work on my system
at least (it just ignores their long filenames).

Just to repeat myself about your boot command:
boot scsi/sd@4:, \OFWBOOT.XCF <HERE IS THE PROBLEM I THINK>

The filename for the file after OFWBOOT.XCF must match exactly to what
you created!

show-children doesn't work for me.  I'm envious yours works at all ;)
Oh and don't forget what michael said thats important too.

Here are the free linux cdrtools for windows if you need them:
http://www.geoshock.com/cdrtools <-- I got mine from here awhile ago
http://smithii.com/?q=node/view/9 <-- another one I just found with google

Good luck,
Justin