Subject: Re: Power Macintosh 9500 / 132
To: Justin Davis <jrcd83@gmail.com>
From: Marcos Onisto <mlonisto@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/14/2006 22:57:50
Hello Justin,

I have good news. I finally got to do some boots.......

The last email I asked about tool for Windows because I didn't get to
do my cdrecord to work on my FreeBSD, so my friend help to do it. I
perceive that the results change when I boot only a ISO9660 Media
Cd-rom.

Even the results change, the DIR command dont work, but I show you
below the results:

Open Firmware, 1.0.5
To continue booting the MacOS type:
BYE<return>
To continue booting from the default boot device type:
BOOT<return>
  ok
0 > dir scsi/sd@4  DIR method failed
  ok
0 > dir scsi/sd@4:  DIR method failed
  ok
0 > dir scsi/sd@4:0  DIR method failed
  ok
0 > dir scsi/sd@4:0,  bad partition number, using 0DIR method failed
  ok
0 > dir scsi/sd@4:0,\  bad partition number, using 0DIR method failed
  ok
0 > dev scsi    ok
0 > show-children
Target 0
   Unit 0    Disk         QUANTUM FIREBALL ST3.2S 0F0C
Target 2
   Unit 0    Disk         QUANTUM FIREBALL ST3.2S 0F0C
Target 4
   Unit 0    Removable Read Only device    TOSHIBA CD-ROM  XM-4101TA0064
  ok
0 > boot scsi/sd@4:0
OF_open bootpath=scsi/sd@4
read stage 2 blocks: 0. done!
starting stage 2...

>> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.10
>> (builds@b0.netbsd.org, Wed Nov 1  01:51:32 UTC 2006)
open /netbsd: Device not configured
open /netbsd.gz: Device not configured
4471344-

It's stop to work.
I tried again:

0 > boot scsi/sd@4:0,\OFWBOOT.XCF NETBSD.MACPPC bad partition number, using 0
OF_open bootpath=scsi/sd@4
read stage 2 blocks: 0. done!
starting stage 2...

>> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.10
>> (builds@b0.netbsd.org, Wed Nov 1  01:51:32 UTC 2006)
no ative package4471344-

It's stop to work.
I tried again:

0 > boot scsi/sd@4:0,\OFWBOOT.XCF;1 NETBSD.MACPPC;1 bad partition
number, using 0
OF_open bootpath=scsi/sd@4
read stage 2 blocks: 0. done!
starting stage 2...

>> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.10
>> (builds@b0.netbsd.org, Wed Nov 1  01:51:32 UTC 2006)
no ative package4471344-

What does it "no ative package" mean? What is wrong?

Another think that I perceive was my cdrom unit that came with this
box. It's wrong because It's doesn't appear on the command
'show-children'.

Well, the others Media Cdrom's dont work because the Nero Windows Tool
burn It with the joilet option and this i can't change.

Thanks Justin,

Marcos