Subject: Re: Console drivers
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/10/2006 23:03:45
On 11/10/06, Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com> wrote:
> then the screen went black and the eMac froze  (I suppose, since the

Well, after doing more tests, actually it did not froze (just the
screen went black), but I did not give it enough time to initialize
the keyboard :-)

> after the boot command (in case it has any relation with this, this
> time the boot  command was not the first command entered on the OF
> prompt).

Hmm... it has relation: when I type the "boot cd:,ofwboot.xcf" command
as the first command in the OF session, the framebuffer inits with
green-on-white letters but then it goes black. But when I first type
other OF commands, the framebuffer does not start and the screen goes
black just after typing the boot command.

> Port #0:
>     conn = 4
>     ddc = 2
>     dac = 1
>     tmds = 0
> Port #1:
>     conn = 2
>     ddc = 3
>     dac = 0
>     tmds = 1

Just in case it helps, this is the part of the kernel messages when
the screen goes black.