Subject: Re: Quick question regarding the GENERIC kernel
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: John <jhu@grex.cyberspace.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/10/2006 12:24:43
Hi,

Well, what I meant by not working is that I'm putting "options
OFB_FAKE_VGA_FB" in the kernel configuration file. The kernel compiles and
is able to be booted. However, attempting to start X still gives the
infamous "xf86MapVidMem: could not mmap screen [s=20000,a=a0000] (Invalid
argument)" message. I guess I'll just run this thing headless for now
since I have too many computers and not enough monitors.

Regards,
John