Subject: Re: Quick question regarding the GENERIC kernel
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: John <jhu@grex.cyberspace.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/10/2006 10:57:04
Hi,

Haven't been able to get OFB_FAKE_VGA_FB to work. Is this only in the
-current kernel? Or does it also depend on something else in the kernel
configuration? Also, while perusing the mail archives I came upon this
post: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2004/03/09/0004.html

Basically, /xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/ppc_video.c was
patched instead. I haven't tried it out yet though.

Regards,
John

Hmm, it /should/ work - might need options OFB_FAKE_VGA_FB in your
kernel config though ( so stupid XFree drivers can mmap() something at
0xa0000 - consider this a hack^H^H^H^Hworkaround for a bug in X )

have fun
Michael