Subject: Re: Snapper driver does not attach with sound card on Mac Mini
To: Emmanuel Kasper <kdev@no-log.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/09/2006 21:29:03
Hi,

On 11/9/06, Emmanuel Kasper <kdev@no-log.org> wrote:
> Hello
> Using NetBSD 3.1 kernel on a Mac Mini, the snapper driver does not
> attach to the
> sound card. I see in my dmesg something like :
> unconfigured device at obio0 offset 0x10000
>
> Doing the quick hack  of commenting some lines mentionned here
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-macmini2/
> the driver does appears
> snapper0 at obio0 offset 0x10000: irq 30,1,2
>
> Is this problem known or fixed in current ?

It appears that it's fixed since revision 1.10 of snapper.c. If you
want to try if it works for the Mac Mini, you can replace, in the
snapper_match() function:

	if (strcmp(compat, "snapper") != 0)
		return 0;

by:

	if (strcmp(compat, "snapper") == 0)
		return 1;

	if (OF_getprop(soundchip,"platform-tas-codec-ref",
	    &soundcodec, sizeof soundcodec) == sizeof soundcodec)
		return 1;

	return 0;

And see if it works for you.

--