Subject: Re: Power Macintosh 9500 / 132
To: Marcos Onisto <mlonisto@gmail.com>
From: Justin Davis <jrcd83@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/05/2006 11:08:55
Hello Marcos,

I have installed NetBSD on my Power Macintosh 9600/300 a few months
ago.  I was never able to get the NetBSD install CD to boot properly.
When I did 'boot scsi-int/sd@3:0 NETBSD.MACPPC' as prescribed it would
just hang the system.  Apparently my open firmware does not like the
install CD, it can't dir anything on the CD either.

However, if I burn OFWBOOT.XCF and a netbsd kernel to a plain-old
regular ISO CD, open firmware can dir the cd drive and boot the
OFWBOOT.XCF and NETBSD.MAC files!  But I was lazy and just boot off
the floppy disks because I did not want to make my own custom CD.  You
might see if a plain old ISO CD works with the dir and boot commands.

Hope that helps... I spent alot of time struggling to get the install
cd to boot but never succeeded.