Subject: Re: Problem with Xorg and maybe wscons too?
To: Adrian Christiansen <adrian.christiansen@gmail.com>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/20/2006 17:23:02
Hi,

I have a similar eMac (1.25 GHz model but also with an ATI Radeon 7200
card) and works just fine with NetBSD-3 and XFree86.

I don`t know about special tweaks with Xorg; but why don't you just
use the in-base XFree86 server?

Anyway I see these apparent flaws on your xorg.conf (at least if it
was XFree86):

 -> The XkbModel you should use is "pc105" (or something similar)
since it's a USB keyboard. The "macintosh" model will get you
incorrect keycodes and I think it's only used for old ADB-based
keyboards.

-> Try to use the wscons "wskbd" driver with device /dev/wskbd . This
should work fine with X on non-root accounts.

-> You need to activate the iBookHacks within the Device definition
(Option "iBookHacks"). Otherwise the eMac will crash when exiting X in
NetBSD-3 (or, at the best, get no console back -- which as a side
effect turns the screen off of the eMac).
Of course these hacks are provided with the in-base XFree86 server.

     -Marco