Subject: Suggestion on added link to macppc installation manual
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Adrian Christiansen <adrian.christiansen@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/17/2006 12:35:51
Hello all NetBSD/macppc users!

I was reading the manual about installing NetBSD on macppc-machines,
and the last time it was the updating of the firmware that got me
afraid and made me not install NetBSD.
But know I was reading it again, and stopped on the same step, and
after some searching, I found out that my eMac doesn't need to be
updated at all.
Maybe it's a good thing to have this in the manual?

Apple got this page about which modell who need to be updated and which
version to get and which modells who dosen't need anything done:
I don't know if Apple change the link, but if it dosen't work,
searching for firmware on the downloadpage will suggest you to read
"Mac OS X: Chart of Available Firmware Updates". It's under Highlights.

Well, it's just a suggestion.

Take care and stay free like in free speech!

Adrian aka. atmo