Subject: Re: Testers needed for upcoming 3.1 release
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hilmar_B=F6hm?= <mls@hiro-consult.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/30/2006 21:35:37
Hi!

> On Sep 5, 2006, at 8:49 PM, Michael Lorenz wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty sure it can be worked around at least. Someone's working
>> on a rewrite of out PMU communication code, not sure when it will be
>> ready though.
>>
>> So, if you can please build a kernel without
>> abtn*    at adb?
>> and see if that helps. If you can't build a kernel please let me know
>> and I'll build one for you.
>>

> Does userconf not work? boot -a and add -c to the kernel arguments to
> stop at userconf and just disable abtn. (That is if the keyboard will
> work at this point)

I've cross-built a new Kernel without "abtn*    at adb?", based on
3.1RC3 sources.

--> Same results: kernel stops at device "i2s", the System is switched off.
"boot hd:,ofwboot.xcf netbsd -c" works stopping at "uc>" prompt.
Keyboard input is possible.

Kernel output:
------------------------------------
console keyboard type: unknown, assuming ADB
NetBSD 3.0.1_STABLE (GENERIC_PB58_MD)  #0: Sat Sep 30 17:57:34 CEST 2006
       total memory: 2048 MB
       avail memory: 1973 MB

userconf: ......
uc>

I still suppose, that the problem doesn't have anything to do with
brightness and keyboard, but with a device, that a device driver cannot
handle correctly (maybe?); something with follows "i2s" directly...

Best regards. / Hilmar.