Subject: Re: PS/2 keyboard and open firmware console?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Radek Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa@altkom.pl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/23/2006 23:19:09
Hello list,

John wrote:
> I just recently received another blue and white g3. However, I don't
> have an Apple USB keyboard. I was wondering whether or not my PS/2
> keyboard would work at the open firmware console via a PS/2-to-USB
> convertor? My guess is that it won't since I can't even enter open
> firmware with my keyboard.
How about Sun USB keyboards? I have B&W G3 and Sun USB Type 6 keyboard.
It doesn't work with OpenFirmware (I can't enter OF at all with this
keyboard). However, it does work perfectly with this G3 once operating
system is loaded (I tested it under OS X and NetBSD).

Fortunately one of my co-workers had generic PeCee USB keyboard, and I
used it to enter OF - it worked fine.

So I wonder, what makes Sun USB keyboard incompatible with Apple
OpenFirmware?

Radek Kujawa