Subject: Re: Re: Testers needed for upcoming 3.1 release
To: netbsd-macppc macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <joachim.thiemann@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/17/2006 11:08:21
My B&W G3 just had a kernel panic dropping into db this morning, with
the 3.1_RC2 I installed yesterday.

I was just starting a cvs update of my pkgsrc tree (cvs -q update -P
-d as user "source") when:

trap: kernel write DSI trap @ 0xdd1b5318 by 0x3606fc (DSISR 0x42000000, err=14)
panic: trap
Stopped in pid 10291.1 (cvs) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x10: lwz r0, r1, 0

Note that this _could_ be hardware related: I have the rev.1 B&W G3,
and thus the IDE chip that is a bit brain-damaged.  Usually my custom
kernel restricts IDE transfer mode to (IIRC) multibyte DMA, that is,
disallow UDMA.  This usually affects the slave drive only, on which
the pkgsrc tree is located.  The system and swap are on the master
drive, which should(?) be OK.

Joe.