Subject: Re: Testers needed for upcoming 3.1 release
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <joachim.thiemann@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/16/2006 17:37:16
Hello,
I just update my B&W G3 (Rev 1) from 3.0 to 3.1_RC2 from the CD.
Everything went fine, and so far I do not notice any problems thet
were not yet in my previous install.

However, still one issue on my hardware, not sure it they're due to my
configuration: I can't start X (XFree86).  In the log the message
(after all the usual XFree86 stuff) is:

Fatal server error:
xf86MapVidMem: could not mmap screen [s=20000, a=a0000] (Invalid argument)

The kernel securelevel is -1, if that makes a difference.  Stock
kernel off the 3.1_RC2 cd. ATI Rage 128 card.

I also suspect I will still have the time drift issue also reported by
Marco Trillo, but I will need to keep the machine running for a day to
confirm it.

Joe.