Subject: Re: Open PRs
To: Michael <macallan1888@gmail.com>
From: Cherry G. Mathew <cherry.g.mathew@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/13/2006 11:50:42
On 8/13/06, Michael <macallan1888@gmail.com> wrote:

> Most likely that's the same problem as machines turning themselves off
> when you try to adjust brightness - happened on my iBook G4. Our PMU
> communication code is bust, on most halfway recent models the only
> thing that seems to work is ADB.

I've got an OFW wrapper driver for brightness control:

See:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2006/07/17/0000.html

for the discussion,

and

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/cherry/macppc

for code.

> I bet when the PMU code is fixed all these problems will just go away.

Its more to do with using the right PMU routines on the right models.
Blame the MD autoconf :-(

I'll try to beat it up as soon as I get a replacement notebook soon (TM)

--
~Cherry