Subject: Re: Testers needed for upcoming 3.1 release
To: None <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/07/2006 23:21:11
ctribo@dtcc.edu wrote:

> > wdc0 at obio0 offset 0x20000 irq property not found; using 13: DMA
> > transfer
>
> Is that "normal"?

Yes. My Apus2000 has no AAPL,interrupt property for ATA:

---
0 > dev /bandit/ohare/ATA  ok
0 > .properties
name                    ATA
device_type             ATA
reg                     00020000  00002000
                        00008B00  00000200
AAPL,connector          ata

 ok
0 >
---

That's the reason why wdc_obio.c has such "using default" path.

> Can you dump your OF device tree with ofdump and
> see if it does in fact have an IRQ property and we're not parsing it
> correctly? I don't remember seeing that on any of the bandit systems
> I played with in the past.

Well, maybe my Apus2000 was the first 603 based macppc
which booted NetBSD, and I also wrote obio wdc driver in 1998.
Older OF implementation is quite awful anyway...
---
Izumi Tsutsui