Subject: Re: PR/13022 (Re: Open PRs)
To: netbsd-macppc macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/16/2006 11:24:51
| To: netbsd-macppc macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
| From: Michael Lorenz <macallan@NetBSD.org>
| Subject: Open PRs
| Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:51:33 -0400

> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=13022
> Subject: X Window System VRAM mapping problem
> Looks like a bug in whatever XFree shipped with -current 1.5 or some
> serious misconfiguration. Can anyone reproduce the problem?

Thanks Michael keeping track of ancient PR's.
I have several reasons to decline this PR, sorry:

(1) The machine, G4/350, was the one in my previous firm which I
 have no longer access to the box.
 It is kind of rare model before by G4/400(PCI) came out.

(2) It is too old (5 years now).

(3) To my understanding, the screen size of Open Firmware
 depends video driver in lower part of the disk partition,
 which we may only able to update from Mac OS. It's likely
 out of our control .. (?)

 I have tried to change screen size with:
 > dev screen
 > words
 > show-modes
 > 22 enable-videomode